WHAT DOES A POLICE AND CRIME COMMISSIONER DO?
As an elected representative of all residents - of all political colours and none - I have the following responsibilities:
• Appoint the Chief Constable.
• Set the force’s strategic priorities through my Police and Crime Plan.
• Set the police precept - the amount that all council taxpayers pay annually to help pay
for Surrey Police.
• Set the force’s budget - £250m this year.
• Above all, to hold the police to account on behalf of you, the residents of Surrey.